Monday, March 26, 2007
I have to attend a shower tonight so I got myself busy and made 2 cards for 2 brides to be. The first wedding is taking place this coming Friday, and the second on the 2nd weekend in April.The second card using this challenge is not with any specific colour theme for the wedding, I didn't know what the colours are so I just used my imagination. Besides, this colour went well with the wrapping paper my daughter got and wrapped the gift in. Both these cards use the shape from "Sweet Shapes" for the base, and the first has "Both way Blossoms" for the floral and the second is from the Spring Mini, "Polka Dots and Paisleys". The words on both are also from "Warm Words", a great little scripty set.
I saw on someone else's blog recently, (i am sorry, I can't remember where as I read too many) a challenge to create a card with no cardstock layers. These are 2 that I came up with. The Wedding this Friday(also my anniversary), the colours are pink and black so I took those colours into consideration when I chose my inks. What do you think? Have you challenged yourself to stamp with only ink and a base Card? Give it a try and see what you can come up with.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
This scarf class has been in my mind for quite some time. I went in on a bulk scarf buy over a year ago, but have never done anything with it.
The scarves are 100% silk.
I washed them in the sink with water and "gasline antifreeze" which I bought at Walmart. I hung them out on the clothesline (yes, it was a dry but windy day) and they dried very quickly.
I then ironed some of them. I tried 2 different ones, one ironed and one not ironed. I also tried one with first dying the scarf with inks in order to get a coloured base.
Next step is what my group did. They chose their colour schemes and stamp sets and then got busy with creating their designs. It is important to use craft ink as it is meant for fabric stamping. I also recommend using a background stamp in order to get a "base" on your scarft.
After the designs are finished, the scarves need to be "heatset". I had the iron ready in the kitchen with "no steam" and set on the "silk" setting. We also used a cloth on top of the silk in order not to burn it. After they are heat set, these scarves should be colourfast and handwashing will not fade out the designs.
My friend (and member of my stamping club) Joyce, created this quilt for her oldest daughter. I just had to take a photo of it. I am in awe of what a quilter can do and what intricate patterns can be created.
The colours chosen go so well together, and as I understand, this is to be a wall hanging quilt. The outer edge still needs be finished but I am sure it will be done shortly.
The stitching (a local gentleman did this) is just so cool too, that I just had to take a close up of that. I am so jealous that I can't do this. It is the one craft I have never tried, although I have attempted paper quilting it really never turns out with the same effect as with fabric.
Please feel free to leave comments here, Joyce does read this and would love to hear what you have to say.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Susan did a frame for her family name and used some cool colours. The photo really does not to this frame justice as it is really beautiful in person. The texture of the different papers gives the stamped lettering a great background.
Melanie also stamped a frame for her daughter Kelli. The Pink Passion and Mellow Moss are coorinated with some printed paper. Buttons and ribbon are also used to accent and give dimension.
Joyce created this for her daughter. She used a combination of earth tones and cranberry/burgundy which are just up Carolyn's alley. Carolyn's name is stamped in bravo burgundy using the Letterpress Alphabet. The buttons scattered and the Cranberry Crisp stitched grosgrain add dimension to the whole project.
Here are the rest of the name frames from last month's Stamper's group. I am so sorry it took me so long to get them up here.
This "Home Sweet Home" is the creative genius of Barb. She stamped the letters using a retired alpha set, and then mounted each on on a square. The squares were then mounted on a background sheet. To set it all off, she tied coordinating ribbons around the frame.