Skip to main content

Selling Cards

Last week I made my first attempt at in a "fair" style environment. It was a flop as far as selling my wares, but I did manage to make a few new friends and many have signed up for my newsletters. This is a good thing, it shows interest in what I am doing and gives me the will to continue.
This posting includes one of the cards I had available for sale. I totally CASED the idea from another demo, especially the colours and use of the "Perfect Presentation" Hostess stamp set... however, I was never able to determine how her fold was done from a photo and she must not have received my request for more information so I just did my own thing...

I finally received my "5 year" pin from Stampin' Up!, only about 8 months after the fact... but hey, they remembered. It is a cute pin, and I will wear it on my Stampin' Up! apron with all my other pins :)

Comments

Cute card, and I like how you've photographed it. How do you get it so the items in the front are blurry and the card is in focus? I've always wondered how people do this, but can't figure out how to do it on my camera.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Candy Giveaway

Ok, I am so thrilled to be a Grandma! Addison (see previous post) is so adorable and gives me much "Love and Happiness" that I have to share some "LOVE and HAPPINESS" with you. Here's how it will work: Leave a comment with this posting about anything, especially "baby" or "baby & stamping" related. Leave me a link as well if you have some online samples. We will leave this for one week, and on Friday Feb 29 (leap year too ;) I will make a random drawing and announce the winner. What will you win? You will receive from me, the "Love and Happiness" rubons shown with this posting. These are great for both Stamping and Scrapbooking as they are acid free and scrapbook safe. The package includes 4 sheets, Black, White, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip...in the images shown. You can use Rub ons on paper and most nonporous surfaces including glass, photos, clipboards, candles and more. (check the photo here for a sample) The only limit wil...

Scalloped edges

As promised, I created a card using the pieces I created from the tutorial. It also allowed me to use the new "Bali Breeze" paper and my new " Embrace Life" stamp set. As you can see, I used the scalloped pieces along each side of the paper and it gives it a great off set from the main part of the card. I stamped using "Tempting Turquoise" as I did not yet get the In Colors "Soft Sky" ink yet. I think it goes well don't you? Thanks for looking!

Love Matters - just in time for Valentines!

I loved this set from the moment I saw it. I had visions with these colours so of course I had to try them out. It is a great set and very versatile for both card making and scrapbooking alike. I have a challenge for you. If you own this set, have made a card or scrap page using it, send me an email: Challenge with the link or the sample and I will "link" to it from my blog, or post it for all to see. I love to see how others also use this set.